Saturday, October 20, 2007

If there's something strange in your neighborhood...

We pulled out Ghostbusters last night and decided it was only appropriate to revisit this ghoulish classic so close Halloween. What could be a better than a comedy starring Bill Murray (love him) and Dan Akroyd? The answer my friends is Rick Moranis in the form of Louis Tully. Truly an amazing combo. Some great lines to relive from your childhood when rewatching Ghostbusters:

-There is no Dana, only Zuul.
-Ray, don't cross the streams! Never cross the streams!
-Venkman, what happened?!....(moan)....I was slimed.
-Your girlfriend lives in the corner penthouse of spook central.
-Everything was fine until "Brainless" here turned off the power grid!
Is that true?
Yes, that man has no "brain."
-Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!
-Alright, that does it, this chick is toast.....Aim for the flat top!
-Somebody turn on the lights!
-Ahhh! Its the Stay Puft marshallow man!!!

Can't remember them all? Time to watch it again.

4 comments:

jamieanne said...

Classic. These lines made me laugh so hard. Rick Moranis really is the unsung star of this show.

ali said...

That human sacrifice line gets me every time. I re-watched this sometime in the last year and it brought a long-lasting smile to my face. I remember I was afraid of Slimer when I was little. I'd see him coming up the hallway to our (Jamie + me) room.

Who's afraid of SLIMER? I was/am such a sissy.

Lane said...

Classic. Until Ali was like 21, I could say "There is no Dana, ONLY ZUUL" in a scary voice and Ali would start crying.

ali said...

Thanks a lot, Lane. I like to think I say it better than even you. Especially right now with my sexy smoker voice.