Thursday, September 6, 2007

Last Days of Summer

Summer is coming to a close (sniff, sniff) and I am trying to spend every last minute making the most of it. That means going to the beach every chance I get. This is Max's first visit to the beach. He was unsure about the sand and was startled when we dipped his toes in the water but loved being outdoors, playing on our beach mat and raiding the cooler. We went to the beach just north of Boston on Friday and then spent the rest of the weekend in the cape with Lane and Britton.

Max helps his new best friend,Uncle Britton, put sunscreen on Lane's back.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute family! I am so sorry my "Maximoon" is over...these photos just make me want to get my hands on him again. Of course, then I'd have to compete with Huncle Britton!

ali said...

Max is becoming quite photogenic. Your weekend on the Cape sounds like lots of fun. A good way to end summer!

jamieanne said...

At least you have a beach to escape to. I'm landlocked and parched!

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

Hey Ashley,

I just found your blog through a gal who commented on mine, Stephanie. I always like to check out the lists that other people have, and there you were. Your little Max is darling, and how are you wear that cute little bikini after having a kid?!!! Good seeing you on this whole blog thing!!

Marie (Holt) LeBaron

Ashley A. said...

Thanks for your comment Marie, or should I let Lane thank you? That is my sister in the bikini. She got married a month ago and started a health plan during the engagement she deemed, "bringin' sexy back." All I can say is, Lane- mission accomplished.

Lane said...

Ha Ha--thanks. Although you could just as easily get into a bikini, skinny miss!

I love that the only way I could get max to pay attention to me was to get Britton to apply sunblock. He only wanted to play with Brit, even if Britton was being boring and reading the newspaper. Boys!

Thanks for a fun weekend on the cape!