Monday, September 10, 2007

History Lesson

On our drive back from Michigan to Boston, a few weeks ago, a couple of choice church history spots were right on our way. First we stopped in Kirkland, Ohio but my camera battery died so no pics. The next day we stopped in Palmyra, NY. This is Corey and Max at the entrance to the grove.


This is Max and I from the top of the Hill Cumorah. I couldn't stop admiring the lawn that was expertly mowed like a baseball diamond.

After a hot and humid afternoon and some great sight seeing we pulled into the Chill n' Grill for some cool treats. This place is a must for my Palmyra visits.

Corey's ice-cream treat. Next time I would stick with the good old swirl rather than orange.


Max and I shared a burger combo and a large strawberry shake. The burger was good and apparently so was the shake because he finished it off all by himself. His lips where glued to the straw.

4 comments:

ali said...

Check out Max's face. He found true love in a strawberry shake. I don't blame him, but I prefer chocolate.

jamieanne said...

I don't blame Max...the C 'n'G is G-doubleO-D, good!

Lane said...

Wow. A large strawberry shake? Isn't that like drinking a third of his bodyweight or something? The boy's got an appetite. I guess now we know he's not lactose intolerant :)

Stephanie said...

I remember passing that place! We hit the pizza spot in town--next to this place you went to--it had the most parked cars in front of it. Always a good sign!