Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Remains of the Day

So yesterday was the big day. If you can't tell by the left-over decorations, birthday cake, themed gifts etc., I turned 3-0 yesterday! Weird. If there's a way to soften the blow of the big day, Corey is the biggest softy of them all j/k (kind of). He surprised me by first flying Ali out to Boston. She arrived on my door step Thursday night unannounced. I was so shocked it seriously took hours for the reality of her presence to sink in. Then Jamie & Lane came via the Fung Wah bus Friday afternoon. As if this wasn't enough, Corey masterminded a surprise party Saturday night too with our fun Boston friends. I about peed my pants. One of the party highlights was a triple layer chocolate cake from Finale. Finale gets props for making dessert the 'grand finale' of any dining experience. Yummy to look at and to eat.

The best part of it all was hanging out with the girls with my boys by my side. Corey was a trooper to do all the planning and put up with all the women under his roof. We had a great time out and about in the chilly Boston temps but best of all, just hanging out watching the O.C. eating Jamie's C.C. cookies. Thanks to that delicious crystallized, brown sugar! Okay, maybe not that, but thanks to all for a stunning weekend.

Yesterday after everyone had been shipped off to the airport or bus depot, Corey and I had a nice romantic dinner for two at the Top of the Hub restaurant overlooking all of the greater Boston area. It was the first 'alone' date we have had in a long while. I was so spoiled for the big day- thanks to Corey for helping me celebrate 3 decades in true Anderson style!

4 comments:

C.D.W. said...

The best part of the weekend was the "after party" ;-)

Lane said...

Happy Birthday Ashley!

Thanks to Corey for being such a great host.

ali said...

Oh brother, brother.

I'm so happy I got to celebrate with you and meet all your wonderful friends. It made my winter.

jamieanne said...

I fourth that opinion. Best week (end) ever!