Sunday, November 18, 2007

Brain Rot


When we were kids my Dad used to say that we shouldn't watch TV because "it will rot your brains." That was back in the Cosby Show days so imagine the damage it could do today. In the past week my husband has been traveling and I've been sick so I've had some lonely late nights to fill. I had seen a Gossip Girl episode or two and liked it but was a little disappointed because I had high hopes after their last venture. I watched all the other episodes online and ended up buying (on itunes) the remaining episodes that I couldn't watch on the CW website. I am totally hooked. I am starting to love the main squeeze (S&D) and love to hate (B&C) and am wondering, teenage like, if something will become of (N&J). I know, pathetic.

To make the brain rot situation worse, Project Runway started last week and right after Gossip Girl. I don't get Bravo so I've started inviting myself over to my friends' places at 10pm on Wednesday nights. I'm a T.V. whore! Speaking of Project, I'm a little bugged at Rami. If celebs have sported your dresses, that should strike your name off the amateur list in my book. The above is the winning look from last weeks challenge. When I saw it on the manequin I liked it but I don't like it at all on the model. It looks a like Statue of Liberty in shrouds of gray rather than copper. I think it makes the model's chest look lopsided (like she is nursing on one side.) I personally would have picked Victorya. Some of the girls on campus are going to start a betting pool to see who can pick the winner. Who do you choose? Pick your player and see if you can predict the winner too!

5 comments:

ali said...

I felt the exact same way about this dress! And to think it WON! Blah.

I am a big Victorya fan already (though I think she'll have a sharp side), and I also liked the "happy dress." I can't remember the name of the lady who designed it ... was it Sweet P? (As opposed to Mean P.)

ali said...

p.s. I watch GG, too. The whole Dan's ex-girlfriend scenario is really reminding me of the whole Teresa vs. Marissa scenario. And that's a nice feeling, in the strangest way. :)

jamieanne said...

I concur. The dress was better on the model. I'm a bit disappointed that the majority of the contestants this year seem to be a bit more polished than previoius years. I prefer raw, amateur talent. Makes for a much better show, and less restraint.

Lane said...

I think you got Britton hooked while you were here. Maybe it's the clothes, or maybe it's Heidi Klum and her nice...smile.

Dansie Family said...

i am disappointed i don't get bravo either. when i visit my sister i catch up on the whole season in one night. so i guess i'll have to plan a trip soon.