Monday, July 30, 2007

Lake House


We had a wonderful weekend in Traverse City with the four families that came out here to Midland together from school. The Reeves were wonderful hosts and were so generous to invite us to the lake house. I am still exhausted from all of the fun that included: great food, wave runners, swimming, water skiing and tubing, lawn games, the baby pool, s'mores and chit chat around the fire pit and did I mention great food?. I haven't been water skiing in years and I am so sore but it was well worth the pain. All the guys went tubing and I don't think I've laughed that hard in years. Its hard to tell what muscles are sore from water sports or from laughing at the water sports.

Corey water skiing
Playing in the kiddie pool

Life jacket safety!

5 comments:

jamieanne said...

Oh man, we went to our friends lake house in NJ a few weeks back and it was amazing. I am certain they are the way to go.
On another note...Max, I don't blame you for having a growly face about that life jacket. They chafe the face something terrible!

ali said...

Max looks a little "crabby" in his life jacket.

The lake house looks amazing, and I want a copy of the "baby pool" photo. It's classic, and really a great shot! Is Max's head being watered?

xo.

Ashley A. said...

Despite the life jacket pressing Max's cheeks into his eye balls and folding his ears in half he wasn't really grumpy at all. He liked the boat ride and forgot all about the life jacket.
\\:;
Yes Max was getting watered in the kiddie pool by a bunch of 3 year old girls. Every man's dream!

Ashley A. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
angie said...

what a cutie - even in a huge lifejacket! i can't wait to meet your little guy - it isn't long now!