Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Midland Moment

So I am going to start a new vein to my blog for the summer called Midland Moments. Living in a small town for the summer is already proving to be good material. This morning I walked over to "the office" for our apartment complex which is apparently a card table set up in the club house garage. I asked if I could buy 2 stamps and the lady (who I interrupted from a game of cards- with herself) said, "Oh, you can just have 'em." I insisted on giving her my stack of change and she told me she couldn't put in down for nothin' in the tender or produce a receipt so not to bother. I suggested she could use it to buy herself candy from the vending machine. At this she perked up, took my coins and said, "Wellllll...I do jolly me some chocolate!" Amen lady.

3 comments:

jamieanne said...

DYING! You gotta get some photos of these MM's.

Lane said...

This is priceless! Love that "the office" is not only in the clubhouse, but in the *garage* of the clubhouse.

Can't wait for more Midland gems!

ali said...

I jolly me some (milk) chocolate, too. Actually, I just like gummy bears and stuff.

Can't wait for more Moments.