Thursday, February 19, 2009

I'm an Aunt!


As of yesterday at 6:06 in the p.m. I am finally an aunt. Ali and Curtis welcomed their son and are, of course, instantly in love. I so wish I could be there to love and cuddle him. Luckily, I have my own little bundle but still I want to see him so much. Wouldn't it be fun to get the two of them together?
Max looked at me funny when I told him I was an aunt then I realized in his two year old mind an aunt or ant is a six legged bug. Regardless of his Mom's funny insect proclamations he is excited to be a cousin. Welcome cousin Uzi!

3 comments:

Lane said...

Does this mean that all this time Max has been thinking of me as an ant??

Congrats on your aunt-hood. I forgot that all this time you were a mom, but not an aunt :) I wish I could see elle and uzi! It's no fair. At least you get one of them!

ali said...

I never thought of it that way! And so I have failed to congratulate you on your new insect-like status. Oscar is lucky to have you and Corey and the Max-Man and Elle Bug. I know I'm all cheesy and sentimental these days, but I love our family. :)

jamieanne said...

This gave me the giggles.