Sunday, March 30, 2008

Cake in a Cup

Eating a cupcake is like reliving childhood birthday parties. I received an email from a favorite bake shop informing readers that their products would be featured on Martha Stewart as part of cupcake week. A whole week devoted to cupcakes.....BRILLIANT! I am only a moderate Martha Stewart fan but I am a huge cupcake fan so I decided to take a look. They will be showing a favorite cupcake each day and have highlighted "Martha's favorite cupcake" at bakeries across the nation. BTW, testing cupcakes across the nation is on my list of top jobs. I haven't been to any of the recommendations from Martha but thought the passion fruit curd could be worth a trip if ever in Chicago. Some of Martha's picks look pretty delicious but I am fond of a simple cupcake with frosting applied with a spreader (not squirt out of a tube). What are your favorites? To see Martha's click here.

7 comments:

ali said...

Cool find. My favorites are those made by Lane and Jamie. Although I've yet to try their red velvet.

Dansie Family said...

i still need to jump on the cupcake train. you anderson's make them sound so yummy. now i just need to find a nice cupcake shop in st. george.

jamieanne said...

My favorite cupcake is a yellow cake with chocolate frosting. Yum!

Marty said...

I loved those cupcakes from Violet's from the Martha Stewart list. They look amazing!
I went to a shi-shi cupcake place this summer in Dallas and was actually disappointed. My kids didn't even want to finish theirs! I often see this store's cupcake mix in my favorite kitchen stores, but I'd rather make my own or go to Violets!

Sarah said...

Hey Ashley,
I found your blog by way of Paul & Missy.
We have finally joined the blogging world.
You are welcome to visit us at onefulllife.blogspot.com
It's been fun to keep up with what you guys are up to. Hope you had fun in Mexico!!
Sarah

Lane said...

What a brilliant idea. Come to think of it, I already came up with it. I'll eat a cupcake anywhere.

I agree with you, I prefer smeared-on to tubed frosting, and tasty to cute! Lemmeno which ones you try.

Ann Marie said...

All I know is that being vegan makes it hard to find cupcakes...what am I doing?! ha. ha. Love the photo. I don't think there is anything as lovely as good looking (and tasting) food. Thanks for the info. I'll make some for the fam.