Thursday, December 6, 2007

Twilight Addiction

So if you haven't noticed I've been missing in the blogging world. All of my free time has been split between Edward and Jacob with Bella bouncing back and forth between the two. I read all three books in under 3 weeks. I didn't have extra time on my hands I was just that addicted. Does it say something about me that I am loving teen drama? I can't say that its the best writing ever but the story, although with some spotty moments, is really compelling. However she does it, the author's books are really really addictive. Thank you Stephanie Meyer for making me feel like a teen again.

As I read the books I couldn't quite picture Bella in my head. I still have a hard time nailing her down and fully believing that she is worthy of all the attention she is getting from the opposite sex. From the first depiction of Edward though, I had him pictured perfectly. He is Nate Archibald from GG (who I just looked up and his real name is Chace Crawford). At least, that what he is to me. Ali says she sees him as Dan Humphrey (aka Penn Badgley). Who do you see? and what about Jacob?


10 comments:

ali said...

I know Dan won't be a popular choice, but he works for me, what can I say?

So happy to know you felt so much the way that I did while reading these. I loves me a good teen drama. And it doesn't hurt that from time to time my husband pretends like he's a vampire. Or sometimes a zombie. :)

Lane said...

GG and Twilight? You really are bad. And I thought my OC thing was out of control! (Still not over it)

I haven't read the books, but when I read "the Secret History" I had it all cast in my head--and some of the "actors" I imagined for it were people I worked with. When I told them this, they were kind of creeped out.

Ashley A. said...

Creeped out? Whatever, don't they know this would be an amazing honor?!

jamieanne said...

I don't know about Bella. But I think Alice is Rachel Leigh Cook.

Ashley A. said...

Oooh, I was thinking somewhere along the lines of Selma Blair but I may like Rachel Leigh Cook better.

Deborah Clark said...

Hey Ashley, It's Deborah from girlnight. I have to say you had the right idea of taking 3 weeks to read. I read them in 5 days and boy was that a huge mistake. I was a mess the two days after. I had to purge and boy did I ever. My poor husband thought I had lost my marbles. All I could say through my tears was "Hey Bella, had two years to wrap her head around everything that happened to her, I only had 5 days". What a trip but it was a good one. I still dream about Edward!

Deborah Clark said...

Hey Ashley, It's Deborah from girlnight. I have to say you had the right idea of taking 3 weeks to read. I read them in 5 days and boy was that a huge mistake. I was a mess the two days after. I had to purge and boy did I ever. My poor husband thought I had lost my marbles. All I could say through my tears was "Hey Bella, had two years to wrap her head around everything that happened to her, I only had 5 days". What a trip but it was a good one. I still dream about Edward!

Dansie Family said...

i have only read twilight thus far. i need to get on the waiting list at the library for numbers 2 and 3. i'm only a little embarrassed to line up with all the teens to get that book, but oh well. at least i will have some small talk when i drive the babysitter home.

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

Ashley, It's me, Niedert. I just joined the strange world of blogging and jumped on your blog off of Lanes. Now don't make fun of me. But for some LAME reason I see Edward as Spencer from "The Hills". I don't even think he is cute but he was the one I saw at first and I can't change it to anyone else. And believe me I have tried. As for Bella I see a younger Katie Holmes.