Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Having a ball at the Newport Ball!

Last weekend was the Newport Ball. It was a dream come true for anyone who loves to dress up and go dancing.....in a cool, old mansion! We had a great time cutting a rug with good friends and crazy classmates. We made a weekend of it and recruited the NY chapter of the family to come and join us. Thanks Lane, Jamie, Grant and eventually Brit for taking care of Max (while we had a ball) and for a great weekend getaway. Here are some pics and trip highlights.

-the Newport Ball at the Ocean Cliff.
-awesome disco ball and palm tree (fake) at our condo.
-Jamie & Grant preforming their Tai Chi 101 routine (where their young love blossomed.) My favorite maneuver is 'part the wild horse's main.'
- A kicking game of Pictionary, boys vs. girls.
-Max's second visit to The Breakers but first time making it through the tour. Our previous visit in '06 ended abruptly as Max's screaming got me a quick invitation to "exit the mansion at once!"
-Corey and Grant's hand stand (or head stand) competition.
-Chatting with the sisters over Crepes Suzette


The family on the cliff walk the morning after the ball-you can actually see the bags under my eyes even from a distance!

Corey & Max in front of Rosecliff Mansion

Corey and I before the ball!

5 comments:

jamieanne said...

This was such a great weekend. And the tai chi move you refer to is actually "STROKING the wild horses mane"...

Lane said...

I dunno. I think Grant's "yoga" move is pretty impressive. I tried it. I almost snapped my neck.

What a fun weekend! Thanks Ash and Corey for planning it. I wish we were going back this weekend...

ali said...

Is Ash a babe or what? Max and Corey aren't bad, either.

C.D.W. said...

Ash is a total babe. She looked fabulous! All the ladies and fellas were jealous...

Anonymous said...

Funny thing...I like stroking the wild horse's mane too! That Grant guy must be a fellow badass.